Not many of us can resist a chunk of Terry’s chocolate orange, may it be Christmas or summer.
The delicious sphere wrapped tightly in foil is a favourite treat for many of us.
So when we saw the latest recipe by Instagram baker @cakeontherun we just had to try it.
Not only will it remind you of the scrumptious festive delight, it is super quick and easy to make.
In fact, it takes just 90 seconds to cook in the microwave.
What’s more these chocolate orange cinnamon rolls are super healthy and can easily be made vegan and gluten free.
*Singe serving *Gluten free option *Vegan option *Healthier *Child friendly *Nut free *Low fat *Low sugar
Microwave cinnamon roll recipe:
- 70g self raising flour (or all purpose with 1/2 tsp baking powder)
- 70g any yoghurt (vanilla or plain)
- 1 tsp cocoa powder or drinking chocolate
- 1 tsp sugar or sweetener
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp margarine
- Use a spoon to mix flour, yoghurt and cinnamon in a bowl, then use your hands to form a dough ball.
- Put the dough onto a floured surface and roll into a flat sausage shape.
- Spread over the margarine, sugar, cocoa powder and orange extract.
- Roll up with your fingertips and pop into a mug.
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds (based on a 900W microwave. You may need a few seconds longer of yours is less).
- Remove the roll from the mug and place it onto a plate.
- Cut in half and tuck in.
Make it vegan – use soya/ coconut or almond yoghurt and a dairy free margarine.
Make it gluten free – use gluten free self raising flour (available from most supermarkets).
If you love quick and easy recipes, sign up to the Bake On Bake Off newsletter.
Packed with deliciously simple ideas everyone can try, it’s free and you’ll receive an email straight to your inbox twice a week.
You don’t need any fancy ingredients or equipment, plus some bakes can be cooked in a microwave in under a minute.
Many of the recipes are healthy, vegan friendly and gluten free, offering a little something for everyone.
Plus there will be plenty of gossip and reaction from The Great British Bake Off when it’s on our TV screens.
It takes seconds to sign up – simply press here, enter your email address and follow the instructions.
Changed your mind? There’s an ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of every newsletter we send out.